Categoriesadvertising blog brand brand experience branding Brands business cool stuff customer experience design digital Digital Marketing News Digital news ecommerce Entrepreneurialism & mentorship facebook Featured Global Google innovation Internet M-Commerce Making Marketing Marketing Strategy media mobile Networks news online Online Marketing Online shopping PR Remarketing RSS Feed SEO Shopping cart abandonment simplicity social media Social Media Marketing social networks Technology Twitter Ve Interactive Ve Interactive UK
The Answer to Cookie Compliance
VeInteractive | May 25, 2012
So the day is almost upon us, and the sharp-eyed amongst you might have noticed that websites are switching on their cookie-consent software. Sites like the BBC are saying to their visitors, “If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the BBC website.”
From Saturday onwards, users will have to give their consent for cookies to be dropped on their system. Here at Ve Interactive, we’ve been in consultation with the ICO and our specialist media lawyers, Lee & Thompson, to establish best practice.
It’s a change that has some very serious implications for some aspects of email remarketing – namely shopping cart repopulation.
Our award-winning VeCapture and VeContact software solutions mean we’re able to proudly offer the world’s only on-the-fly cart reconstruction, which does not need to drop a cookie on a user’s machine.
So, what are the benefits?
• 100% cookie-free remarketing and cart repopulation solution
• Cart will be rebuilt on any device used by the abandoner, meaning you can also take advantage of a mobile market that accounts for 11% of e-commerce transactions
• If a product is out of stock, the basket will simply appear without that product
• No proprietary or third-party cookies are involved
• Data capture occurs pre-click, on a field-by-field basis
Don’t forget we offer:
• FREE setup, including email design
• Payment on performance
• Data Security - enterprise-level, Tier 1 cloud hosting infrastructure with 24/7 tech support.
If your business is currently using another remarketing solution, your supplier should have told you:
• How they are planning to overcome the obstacles presented by enforcement of the legislation and which law firm has advised them on best practice
• Whether their cookie will be in their name and require separate user consent
• Whether they’re Tier 1 data security solutions
The legislation is in place and many third-party providers might think they’ve done enough. It’s your responsibility, however, to make sure that your site complies with the law.
For more information about cookie compliance, or to find out more about VeCapture and VeContact, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Ve Interactive.
Leave your reply