Categoriesadvertising blog brand brand experience branding Brands business cool stuff customer experience design digital Digital Marketing News Digital news ecommerce Entrepreneurialism & mentorship facebook Featured Global Google innovation Internet M-Commerce Making Marketing Marketing Strategy media mobile Networks news online Online Marketing Online shopping PR Remarketing RSS Feed SEO Shopping cart abandonment simplicity social media Social Media Marketing social networks Technology Twitter Ve Interactive Ve Interactive UK
Why do we Abandon our Shopping Carts?
VeInteractive | May 22, 2012
We’re pretty good at recovering abandoned shopping carts. But don’t take it from us. We’ve recently been named Marketing Services Company of the Year by The Drum and last year won both a British Interactive Media Association award and a TechWorld UKTI Business Innovation award for our pioneering work in this field.
The popularity of our award-winning data-capture and email-remarketing software is the reason that our business grew to over 1600 clients and six offices worldwide in such a short space of time. And it will always remain an important part of our data-driven, online efficiency services business.
Over the past couple of years, we’ve facilitated billions of e-commerce transactions, and we’ve learnt a thing or two. In descending order of importance, here are some reasons for shopping cart abandonment that you should be aware of. Visitors that abandon their e-commerce transactions do so because they’re:
1. Put off by high shipping costs
2. Not ready to purchase
3. Put off by price of products
4. Going to come back later
5. Put off by hidden shipping costs
6. Not prepared to register and there’s no ‘guest checkout’ option
7. Irritated that the retailer is asking for too much information
8. Frustrated by a complex checkout process
9. Losing patience with a slow website
10. Not prepared to pay extra taxes
11. Not offered enough payment options
12. Not prepared to wait that long for delivery
13. Concerned that offers are accompanied by spam
14. Thrown out of the checkout process by crashed website
So there you have it. 14 reasons for abandonment that should lead you to examine the e-commerce service that you offer your potential customers.
And there are some critical questions you should be asking when seeking a software solution, too. So for information about enterprise-level, data-driven online efficiency services, get in touch with Ve Interactive and take advantage of our payment-on-performance, multi-award-winning shopping-cart-abandonment software.
Leave your reply