Categoriesadvertising Apple blog brand brand experience branding Brands business customer experience design digital Digital Marketing News Digital Marketing Podcast Digital news ecommerce Entrepreneurialism & mentorship facebook Featured Global Google innovation Internet M-Commerce Making Marketing Marketing Strategy media mobile Networks news online Online Marketing Online shopping PR Remarketing RSS Feed SEO Shopping cart abandonment simplicity social media Social Media Marketing Technology Twitter Ve Interactive Ve Interactive UK
This week in digital w/c 28th May
M2M Thoughts in Flight | May 29, 2012
This Week in Digital: w/c May 28th and June 4th
It is a double TWiD due to the UK double bank holiday next week; we will be back on June 11th.
What’s happened this week:.
- Facebook launched Facebook Camera an app not entirely dissimilar from the USD 1bn Instagram.
- The parent company of Juicy Couture sold shares to their customers via their Facebook page, incentivizing customers to be brand advocates – the “ultimate ‘like’ button”
- Yahoo have made their search results more visual
What we have learned:
- Even small local companies can benefit hugely from mobile optimized pages
- Mobile, especially tablets, are becoming more important to retailers
- Guinness is the most mobile friendly drink!
- Leap Motion is a super accurate motion sensor that brings the Minority Report interface to life.
- Mystevie creates a TV station from your Facebook and Twitter feeds, with your phone acting as remote control.
- AT&T are cleverly connecting broadcast product placement in ‘Touch’ with branded web series ‘Daybreak’.
Where to find more:
- Apple’s haptic (vibrating) pen opens up a lot of opportunities. iPhone users will also find a cool custom vibration tip!
- Some very creative examples of banner ads
- Google’s Larry Page at Zeitgeist – we should take advantage of the amazing opportunities modern technology provides and with more ambitious goals we can double the rate of human progress
Thanks to JP and the Futures group
Leave your reply