Categoriesadvertising blog brand brand experience branding Brands business cool stuff customer experience design digital Digital Marketing News Digital news ecommerce Entrepreneurialism & mentorship facebook Featured Global Google innovation Internet M-Commerce Making Marketing Marketing Strategy media mobile Networks news online Online Marketing Online shopping PR Remarketing RSS Feed SEO Shopping cart abandonment simplicity social media Social Media Marketing social networks Technology Twitter Ve Interactive Ve Interactive UK
This Week in Digital: w/c April 23rd
M2M Thoughts in Flight | April 23, 2012
- Google launched the brand activate initiative to measure online advertising at scale.
- With 100 days to go the official London 2012 Olympic Athletes social media hub launched.
- Intel launched the Ivy Bridge processer range. It is the first with 3D transistors which will keep Moore’s law going for at least the next few years.
What we have learned:
- 6% of 2-5 year olds have their own smartphone, one of many observations about Generation i (i.e. those born after 1994).
- The Google + button is served 5bn times a day + several hundred other recent Social Media facts.
- 62% US Tablet owners use the device daily, they spend an average of 2.4 hours a day on it (from Viacom’s recent Tabletomics Study).
- Brands are increasingly looking to add something to the broadcast experience; this example from Red Bull adds a second screen point of view to what’s on TV.
- Personal is a new kind of personal data vault, owned by the consumer, to automate many online tasks. We can expect to see many more of these over coming years.
- Google’s autonomous cars are now driving every day errands for blind passengers.
Where to find more:
- Tim O’Reilly’s latest thoughts from MIT Media Lab conversations; the services that will thrive utilize new forms of shared knowledge.
- The future of in car technology; future visions from some of the world’s major automotive brands.
- What Social Media is doing to news now that over half of us find out about major stories through it.
- Sam (thanks to JP and the Futures team)
Leave your reply