Categoriesadvertising Apple blog brand brand experience branding Brands business customer experience design digital Digital Marketing News Digital Marketing Podcast Digital news ecommerce Entrepreneurialism & mentorship facebook Featured Global Google innovation Internet M-Commerce Making Marketing Marketing Strategy media mobile Networks news online Online Marketing Online shopping PR Remarketing RSS Feed SEO Shopping cart abandonment simplicity social media Social Media Marketing Technology Twitter Ve Interactive Ve Interactive UK
This Week in Digital: w/c July 2nd : Digital Creativity Special.
M2M Thoughts in Flight | July 3, 2012
What’s happened this week:
- Google’s I/O developer event saw the launch of a new tablet device priced under USD 200, Google Now (a Siri like assistant) and a media streamer.
- The most spectacular feature of the event was this stunt using Google Glass which creatively illustrates the new perspectives enabled by it.
- Brightcove have launched AppCloud Core that links mobile devices and the Apple TV. Expect to see new kinds of interaction around TV content.
- YouTube launched Video Creation Marketplace a platform to connect content creators to brands.
What we have learned:
- YouTube’s top 5 content partners drive 1.5bn views per month. Web content is really starting to scale.
- Anyone can use technology creatively these Girl Scouts quadrupled cookie sales using mobile credit card readers.
- Consumers have very different relationships with their multiple screens; from the everyman to the sage to the lover. ‘Meet the screens’ from Omnicom and MSN illustrates how we should approach each screen’s creative use.
- Chrome web lab is coming to London’s Science Museum it is cutting edge ‘experiential Digital creativity’.
- The most shared advertiser content of recent weeks, very different types of content to traditional advertising.
- This interactive music video by Androp is very clever; in this case the interaction is the message.
- IBM’s view on how Augmented Reality can be used creatively in the retail environment.
Where to find more:
- On YouTube the amateur is the new pro, many more people are being creative in many new ways.
- ‘We need a fundamentally different way of creating a brand’ this memo from CP+B CEO Andrew Keller sums up the challenges facing brands in a world of infinite Digital content.
- The 100 best slides from Cannes, a little inspiration to create in the much maligned ppt.
- Sam (thanks to JP and the Futures Group)
Leave your reply