Categoriesadvertising blog brand brand experience branding Brands business cool stuff customer experience design digital Digital Marketing News Digital news ecommerce Entrepreneurialism & mentorship facebook Featured Global Google innovation Internet M-Commerce Making Marketing Marketing Strategy media mobile Networks news online Online Marketing Online shopping PR Remarketing RSS Feed SEO Shopping cart abandonment simplicity social media Social Media Marketing social networks Technology Twitter Ve Interactive Ve Interactive UK
This Week in Digital: w/c March 5th
M2M Thoughts in Flight | March 7, 2012
- Mobile World Congress 2012 has passed with :
- Eric Schmidt’s vision of the future: smart phones for all and 1GB bandwidth delivering everything in more places.
- Facebook’s focus on open standards in mobile and cracking the mobile payment problem.
- Some amazing new mobile technologies.
- The Facebook Marketing Conference in New York saw the launch of a number of new marketing products such as Timeline for brand pages, the reach generator and ads on mobile.
- Apple’s market capitalisation crossed half a trillion US dollars, making them the world’s most valued company by over USD 100bn.
What we have learned:
- 25% of global smart phone users have made a purchase on their handset.
- 4x as many iPlayer shows are delivered to the iPad as all connected TVs combined, despite being in only half as many homes.
- 25bn iOS apps have now been downloaded meaning that the average iOS user has 80 apps and the average app is downloaded 45k times.
- ‘Hacking for brands’ OMD in New York brought developers and brands together for a 48 hour hackathon creating all sorts of new ideas.
- Cloud computing is an abstract concept, but Apple explain it elegantly in 30s with no words.
- Fantasy Shopper is an interesting British startup that aims to transform shopping behaviours with game mechanics, The Economist thinks that they are on to something.
Where to find more:
- The Gamification of Business: Games and game theory are being implemented in enterprises around the world.
- ‘I’m being followed’ An interesting in depth look in to ad targeting and why it is a necessary part of the funding ecosystem of web content.
- Consumer 2.0: How brands are adapting to new consumer needs.
- Sam (thanks to JP and the Futures group)
Leave your reply