Categoriesadvertising Apple blog brand brand experience branding Brands business customer experience design digital Digital Marketing News Digital Marketing Podcast Digital news ecommerce Entrepreneurialism & mentorship facebook Featured Global Google innovation Internet M-Commerce Making Marketing Marketing Strategy media mobile Networks news online Online Marketing Online shopping PR Remarketing RSS Feed SEO Shopping cart abandonment simplicity social media Social Media Marketing Technology Twitter Ve Interactive Ve Interactive UK
8 Top Tips for Creating a Successful Brand
Kirsty Lemmon | July 12, 2012
Effective branding will help you reflect the company’s corporate identity; enhance the core values of your business; connect with your target market and make it easy for them to remember you. It should also seek to differentiate you from your competition.
With this in mind, here are some tips for creating a successful brand:
- Keep it simple. The company name should be easy to see and read, so it’s best to avoid using fancy typefaces. The logo design will help convey the brand values and characteristics, which again does not need to be complicated and will work better if it’s kept simple.
- Be accurate. It’s important that your branding accurately portrays your company. If you’re in business to sell high volumes of cut-price products, your brand should reflect this. There is little point in trying to suggest superiority and top-end quality, this would be misleading and would ultimately damage the brand.
- Be consistent. Every aspect of your brand should be saying the same thing – through the message and image. Customers should be made to feel the same way about you. Consistency across corporate literature and marketing materials is essential and will reinforce the brand and help customers recognise and remember you.
- Be distinctive. Don’t create a brand that is similar to another. Within the design try to be distinctive – this could be through the colours, image or symbol, but make sure it is relevant. Make your offer and message distinctive too – what is it that you can deliver over and above your competition? A relevant but distinctive brand and message will get the attention of your target market.
- Meet customer needs. Your brand needs to identify with and meet the needs of your target market. Without identifying with your customers and potential customers, your brand will not be able to connect with them.
- Promote your brand. Wherever and whenever you can. Once you have allocated time and resource against creating an effective brand that you are proud of, you need to shout it from the rooftops to ensure that it is seen. Use your logo wherever you can.
- Create brand guidelines. This is essential in achieving brand consistency, particularly when engaging on multichannel promotional activity. Your brand guidelines should make it clear for the design team or agency to create accurate, relevant and consistent design.
- Engage the rest of the company. Every one who works for the company should fully embrace the brand, as they represent crucial touch points. Particularly the sales team who will be customer facing and selling the company services or products.
If you would like a review of your brand, or you’re looking to either re-brand or create a new brand, we’ll be happy to talk through your ideas and requirements. Visit our website for more information DAA Marketing – Brand & Corporate Identity. Or Contact Us.
See Previous Posts:
Filed under: Design, Legal Marketing, News, Online Marketing, Outsourced Marketing, Small Business Marketing
Leave your reply