Categoriesadvertising blog brand brand experience branding Brands business cool stuff customer experience design digital Digital Marketing News Digital news ecommerce Entrepreneurialism & mentorship facebook Featured Global Google innovation Internet M-Commerce Making Marketing Marketing Strategy media mobile Networks news online Online Marketing Online shopping PR Remarketing RSS Feed SEO Shopping cart abandonment simplicity social media Social Media Marketing social networks Technology Twitter Ve Interactive Ve Interactive UK
What’s New in Digital – Edition 1
Target Internet | August 6, 2012
Below is the first of our monthly summaries of the latest and greatest news in the world of digital marketing. Kindly provided by Dave Chaffey of Smart Insights and then lovingly customised by the team at TargetInternet.
Strategy and planning
- Altimeter have a new report on converged media – We updated our guide to include different viewpoints on paid, owned and earned media
- The State of Marketing 2012 – A summary of this IBM report to help “share the pain”
- New listing of top UK agencies – The annual New Media Age – Top 100 Interactive Agencies 2012 was released
- SEO Tool’s Comparison (May 2012 update) – Our most popular report has been updated again.
Social media marketing
- Facebook changes reach metric – Marketing Pilgrim highlighted how Facebook changed the way it shows how many people read brand status updates on Facebook.
- Actively discussed on Google+ Now Showing in Search Results – SearchEngineLand flagged-up how Google+ is increasing its presence in the search results pages.
- The Power of Like Europe – A new report from Comscore showing the influence Facebook has on brands
- Google Product Search becomes Google Shopping – Google is putting more emphasis on this service you may remember as Froogle and will be charging retailers for it soon
- Limited changes to Google algorithms in June – The SEOmoz change history reported a minor update to Panda and a confusing new batch of link warnings.
- Complete Guide to Search Engine Optimisation – Target Internet’s first ebook covers everything you need to know about optimising your content for search.
User experience and conversion optimisation
- Google Glass prices and availability announced – Not many will be buying at $1,500 a pop, but they will be shipping in 2013.
- Minority Report Tech nearly here – MIT Tech describes this as “the most important new technology since the smartphone – expected December 2012.
- Changes in Google Analytics in July 2012 – There have been a lot of changes to GA in July which we summarise here.
- Conversion rate optimisation in ten steps – A DIY guide to Conversion Rate Optimisation
Email marketing and CRM
- A state of the email marketing template – This new London Olympics template shows nicely the features of targeting, dynamic targeting and a nice accessible visual design.
- Email marketing best practice report – Everything we know about email marketing (well most of it anyway) in one post.
Well that’s how we see it – let us know if you think we missed anything BIG.
If you want to hear more from Dave, have a listen to our podcast interview with him – Episode 68 – Digital strategy interview with Dave Chaffey
This summary was created by Dave Chaffey of Internet Marketing strategy advice site Smart Insights.
Leave your reply