Categoriesadvertising Apple blog brand brand experience branding Brands business customer experience design digital Digital Marketing News Digital Marketing Podcast Digital news ecommerce Entrepreneurialism & mentorship facebook Featured Global Google innovation Internet M-Commerce Making Marketing Marketing Strategy media mobile Networks news online Online Marketing Online shopping PR Remarketing RSS Feed SEO Shopping cart abandonment simplicity social media Social Media Marketing Technology Twitter Ve Interactive Ve Interactive UK
Facebook tip: How to make a Facebook Page for a Small Business
Matt | October 17, 2012
Businesses around the UK are now starting to realise that having a Social Media presence is one of the most effective ways of staying in touch with their customers. It’s simple to implement, it’s easy to use on a day-to-day basis, and everybody’s doing it!
Are you ready to start building your brand on Facebook (for free)?
Who for: Predominately small business users, but also anyone who wants a fan page on Facebook
What to do?:
1. Log in to Facebook with your desired account
2. Hover over ‘pages’ on the left-hand column, then click on ‘more’
3. On the ‘pages’ screen, click on ‘+ Create a Page’
4. Click on ‘Local Business or Place’
5. Choose your desired category/industry
6. Insert your address and phone number, so your customers can easily get in touch.
7. When you’ve filled everything in, remember to read the Facebook Pages terms before checking the small box showing that you agree to these. After that, you can click on ‘Get started’
8. You can now start customising your page. The first step is to add your
photo (which can be uploaded or directly taken from another website)
9. Start customising your page by including a description of your business on the ‘About’
tab. If you get stuck, click on the ‘Visit Help Centre’ button for some tips from Facebook.
10. You have now created your own business page. Obviously, a lot of work still needs to be done! You can start adding new friends to the page, add photos, and a whole lot more. Remember to encourage your customers to ‘like’ your page whenever you interact with them, and soon enough you will have your very own community to manage!
So What?: Use pages to advertise your small business, or other page, on the world’s most popular social network, while opening up a new avenue for communicating directly with your customers. You can share new offers and let the world know about any changes within your business, while spreading the word about your brand. And best of all…it’s free!
Leave your reply