Categoriesadvertising Apple blog brand brand experience branding Brands business customer experience design digital Digital Marketing News Digital Marketing Podcast Digital news ecommerce Entrepreneurialism & mentorship facebook Featured Global Google innovation Internet M-Commerce Making Marketing Marketing Strategy media mobile Networks news online Online Marketing Online shopping PR Remarketing RSS Feed SEO Shopping cart abandonment simplicity social media Social Media Marketing Technology Twitter Ve Interactive Ve Interactive UK
YouTube tip: How to Search in different Languages
Matt | October 27, 2012
YouTube is available in almost every country in the world, and with 500 years of content being watched every day (http://www.youtube.com/t/press_statistics) we would be very suprised if you hadn’t heard of it! A feature of YouTube which may not be known to you is that the platform provides the ability to search in several different languages, thanks to its virtual keyboard option. Depending on whether you have chosen a default language that contains letters not usually found on a European keyboard, you will be presented with the virtual keyboard which contains these letters.
Who for: Individuals who can speak two or more languages.
What to do:
Learn how to use the virtual keyboard in the video below, or follow these simple steps.
- Head over to YouTube (www.youtube.com)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the front page
- Click on the language shown next to ‘Language:’ (for UK users this is usually set to English by default)
- Choose your desired language
- Should your desire language require letters not normally found on UK keyboards, you will notice that a small image of a keyboard appear in the search bar.
- Clicking on this keyboard will open a virtual keyboard, which contains the letters required.
- Use the virtual keyboard to enter your search request
So What?: YouTube is used around the world, and for those multi-linguals out there, using English for your search might not give you your desired results. By switching to a specific language, your searches will be more accurate, and you will find content in the language of your choice much easier.
Leave your reply